Wednesday 15 December 2010

Evaluation question 2

I believe it is evident when comparing my advertisement campaign to that of others with the same intent as my product; I cater to a large target audience of 18+ young adults whom thrive of the movie genre of my product. This allows me to target my campaign not only to the UK resident but even a global campaign via assessable platforms such as the internet.
My trailer will be promoted via sociable internet sites, huge exposure will be given to our key target audience. The intensity and restricted information is our main USP in our trailer the sense of ambiguity will then lead the audience with the curiosity of our product; most importantly they would then research into film using a familiar media platform thus drawing the audience in. Synergy is used throughout our campaign; this will build a form of hype amongst our key target audience allowing them to comment on the new release in the midst of their social circles consequently promoting to each other, widening our campaign before the official theatrical trailer has yet not been released following a promotion of posters. I developed the example of a viral campaign which I had witnessed and attended at its release, 2008 saw a wide online advertisement campaign of upcoming movie release Cloverfield via Myspace. The online promotion for Cloverfield saw to it that the movie would gain massive exposure to its key target audience.
The technique allows movies that to do not already have a huge audience, create a viral hype which soon escalates so wide recognition. For example a Superman(Bryan Singer, 2006) only had to release the famous iconic symbol which represents Superman as a poster considering Superman has an existing fan base which date back to years therefore catering to a global audience of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment